Prague Twin

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Accountability

I'm not a huge fan of Moveon.org, but I read a fantastic post at "It's my Right to be Left of the Center" the other day that made me rethink my opinion of them at least a little.

I'm not saying I agree with everything they do, but the event covered in Dusty's blog is exactly what needs to be done.

Please, read about the event, but for those with short attention spans here is the jist of what was done:

We had a nice big visual in the check made out to Wild Bill for $570,550.00. We symbolically tore up the check,demanded he stop kissing drug companies ass's and protect the seniors and disabled in his district. We then walked into his nice, COOL office and presented the petitions to one of his minions.

Way to go Moveon.org and Dusty for holding your elected representatives accountable for selling out their own constituancy in order to line their own pockets!

If we want real reform, this is exactly the type of thing that needs to be done over, and over, and over, and over.....

4 Comments:

  • It is the optics, as they say. Just like advertising, only crunchy! Sounds like an effective effort.

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 7:20 PM  

  • That is a great way to let lawmakers know selling out to special interests or corporate interests is not going to be tolerated anymore.

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 11:51 PM  

  • Bill Thomas was one of the top three congressman in the drug PAC cash cow column. He is retiring after this session and I am betting my last dollar he becomes a lobbyist for the Pharmaceuticals..

    Thanks Dude for the kudos..I appreciate it :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:57 AM  

  • It will be a lot of work, but really, this is the only way to achieve any meaningful reform.

    Thank you, Dusty, for being a true patriot.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home