Prague Twin

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vilnius

I have just arrived in Vilnius, the capital city of Lithuania. The street our apartment is on looks very much like the one in the picture. I'll be posting my own pictures and commentary over the next few days.

First impression: very mellow. Having said that, I did see a guy walking down the street with blood streaming down the side of his face. He looked like a drunk who had taken a bad header and was now wandering home.

So I hope you will join me over the next five days. I finally have some time to post, and I'll be reading you blogs too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • praguetwin, be sure to look into the Lithuanian healthcare system and comment on it.

    Meanwhile, one of the historical embarrassments of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia was the once-prevalent anti-Semitism. How have things changed in that department?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  

  • Have fun dude

    By Blogger Graeme, at 10:04 AM  

  • I'll look into the healthcare issue here.

    I'd say things have changed in the historical embarrassment category similarly how things have changed in the U.S. vis-a-vis Native Americans and African Americans: vastly improved.

    Graeme,

    Thanks dude, I am.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 2:47 PM  

  • Thanks for the pictures. I love the quaint feel of the towns in Europe, even when they're not that small.

    Have you moved to Vilnius permanently or is this just a vacation?

    By Blogger Kathy, at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home