Prague Twin

Monday, April 17, 2006

American Bloggers 4 Inclusive Debates

My first, and still only, blog roll is the above. I wanted to spend some time on all of the sites before I wrote something on it. I'm happy to write it up because I think the idea encompases what I am hoping to do with this blog. My links should read down as "opposing points of view." If you click one after the next, you are going to get very different perspectives. This new blog roll does that at times as well. Generally, I found all of the sites to be interesting in there own way, and all seemed to be fairly personal and motivated by a love for blogging and a desire to find the truth. As well, clicking down the list will give a reader drastically different views. Just my style!

To join, click here

I really didn't want to join a blog roll where you have to be a liberal, or any other thing. I wanted to be a part of a blog roll whose members believe in freedom of expression, which requires a willingness to listen.

It was strange to have that Washington Post story about liberal bloggers come up shortly after I had joined. I had to say, "Yes, that is exactly what I don't want to get into." I totally support their right to be venemous if they choose, but I would rather assosiate with people who have better manners and are willing to listen to the person on the other side of the isle. I'm not perfect, but I try to be civil. In a democracy, listening to your opponents, and finding common ground is, in my view, essential.

Hello to everyone who I have come in contact with from the blog roll so far. I look forward to meeting the rest of you.

Oh, and a special thanks to Gun-Toting Liberal who has made this possible.

Thank you, Sir.

1 Comments:

  • I've found respectful disagreement and mutual love for country very prominent at all the sites I've visited on the blog roll. I'm glad to be a part of it and glad you are too!
    ;-)

    By Blogger Mark, at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home