Prague Twin

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Gas Rumors

I just got this as a forward. If anyone more knowledgeable has thoughts, I'd love to hear them...

I just think everyone should know. I am a tugboat sailor. The gas
shortage is totally bogus. There are "fleets" all up and down the gulf coast
that you don't know about. They consist of hundreds and thousands of tank
barges that we tie up daily that are filled with millions of gallons of
fuel. The big companies pump their fuel into the barges and as long as the
fuel is in a barge it is considered offshore and not part of the reserve.
So, there are millions of gallons of fuel tied up to spud barges all through
the bays, intracoastal inlets, and canals all up and down the coast that the
companies don't have to report.
They fabricate the shortage by pumping their millions of gallons of fuel
and hide them in these fleets creating the shortage so they can make their
multi billion dollar gains while we can't afford the gas at the pump. I've
never in my life asked anyone to forward anything, but this has me fuming.
(Accidental pun now intended) With many voices, we can put a stop to this.
Get the word out!!!!!!

James F. Ransdell


Guy wants the word out. I figure, lets get it out and see what the reaction is.

7 Comments:

  • How about finding out if its true before getting the word out. Unless of course you want to be cast in the same light that you cast on Rove.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • The idea is to find out. What else am I going to do, get a job on a tug boat?

    If it isn't true, someone will speak up.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 4:57 PM  

  • There used to be stories like during the both of the energy crises of the 1970s. There's no way to know whether they're true or just urban legends, but with all the corporate sleaze going on, I wouldn't doubt this story for a minute.

    By Blogger Tom Harper, at 3:12 AM  

  • Very interesting! But if that guy noticed it, why not our crack Congressional investigation team? Still, tying up barges of gasoline would not effect the oil price, which is up recently.

    By Blogger Roger Fraley, at 2:01 AM  

  • Is there an investigation?

    I know it wouldn't effect the oil price, but if you look at how much gas prices have gone up in the US compared to Europe, it is a bit curious.

    I'm actually not a big fan of conspiracy theories, other than trying to debunk them.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 9:12 AM  

  • I just checked Snopes and they're listing it as undetermined so it hasn't been debunked yet. It's still new.

    That's enough for me to run with it, along with the usual disclaimer.

    I got here via ExPat Brian by the way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 AM  

  • Thanks libby,

    I'll be sure to mark the sight and post an update.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home