Prague Twin

Friday, December 22, 2006

One Year On

So it has been one year since I posted my first post so I guess this makes it my first anniversary. In one year I've put up a total of 237 posts, which isn't that bad considering most of my posts are actully some effort at writing. Hey, let's look at what I wrote a year ago and see what it looks like through year-old blogger eyes.

Hello everyone, if anyone is out there.

I've started a blog in the interest of open discussion. If somehow I can contribute to someone's understanding of the world or challenge them to better understand it for themselves, or if someone can do the same for me, then I think it will have been a worthwhile venture.

I welcome all comments so long as they have some serious thought behind them. No one is wrong, we are all learning.

Lets see what we can teach each other.

Praguetwin

Well, I don't know about all of you, but certainly you are "out there". I know for myself I have learned a lot in the last year so I figure it is definately worth it, and I am going to carry on.

Big shout out goes to Roger at XDA who inspired me to start blogging without even knowing it, and with whom I almost always disagree. It is a pleasure knowing you Roger, even if only from afar.

Another big shout out to Reality-based educator who was the first to read my blog regularly.

One last shout out to The Gun-Toting Liberal who really struck a nerve with me and is still an inspiration.

Oh hell, and while I'm at it, David, Stephanie, Cartledge et. al. and you all know damn well why so I'm not going to get in to it.

Arch, you get a special mention even though I can't link you (what a pity). And the rest of you, all of you, who visit and comment, you have made it all worth my while. You know who you are, and I'm not listing everyone. Sorry, I have a special place in my heart for the few who read my blog when no one else did. I'm sure you bloggers understand what I mean.

Coming soon.... an explaination of what Praguetwin means. In case anyone cares!

15 Comments:

  • Believe it or not, I have woken in the middle of the night and said to myself,,,,, what the hell does Prague Twin mean anyway,,,,,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 AM  

  • Whether we know or understand...we definitely care, or we wouldn't be here!

    Thank you for being here this last year.

    By Blogger Mark, at 1:01 PM  

  • Congratulations. It has been an interesting year. I'm looking forward to learning the meaning of Prague Twin.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    By Blogger David Schantz, at 4:08 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary!

    By Blogger Publia, at 5:50 PM  

  • No, no. You can't merely explain what Prague Twin denotes.

    You must make it a contest or a riddle. A prize for the winner.

    If you cannot manage this on your own, e-mail me privately and I will see what I can up w/ and then send it back so you may feed the ever more numerous masses.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

  • Congrats, keep up the great work, and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH NICE WORDS ABOUT OUR SITE!!!

    I couldn't be thankful enough, and your occasional commentary at the GTL is well respected and highly appreciated.

    Blogggg ONNNN, and thanks again... and CONGRATS (!) again :-)

    By Blogger The GTLā„¢, at 9:16 AM  

  • "You must make it a contest or a riddle. A prize for the winner."

    Um. Except he's already answered that question. It's not a very fair contest that way.

    By Blogger Mark, at 1:13 PM  

  • Happy anniversary, pt - it's been good knowing you through the give and take on the blog.

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 3:01 PM  

  • Happy anniversary, I can recall urging you to write your own blog after your series of good comments on mine; was it a full year ago? Tempus fugit. I'm with Arch on the PragueTwin thing but I was too shy to ask.

    By Blogger Roger Fraley, at 11:22 PM  

  • Best wishes on a steamy hot Christmas Day. Didn't think I'd miss the cold. Thanks for the kind words.

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 11:08 PM  

  • I want to wish Mike and all he's readers a Very Merry Christmas.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    By Blogger David Schantz, at 7:57 AM  

  • Happy blogiversary and Merry Christmas Praguetwin!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

  • Thank you all and a very merry Christmas to everyone.

    It really warms my heart to hear from so many people and read such kind words.

    I don't think I've revealed the meaning of Prague Twin, and I would make it a contest if I thought there was a chance in hell that anyone could guess.

    I suppose part of the meaning is simple enough, but the real meaning is so convoluted and personal, I don't think anyone could ever even come close to guessing.

    I'm sure once I write about it, you will all be saying... "what the hell was THAT all about."

    Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time.

    Thanks again everyone, it is a pleasure to know you all.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 5:59 PM  

  • Congrats on the anniversary and thanks for your comment r.e. the Khmer Rouge issue. The 18 year old son of my gf recently visited the Cambodian museums that show the results of that regime and it renewed my interest. I read in the news here (Singapore) that a poll was taken among young people in Cambodia and many did not believe that the holocost (sp) ever took place.

    By Blogger expatbrian, at 4:02 AM  

  • it starts to become addicting doesn't it. congrats on a year

    By Blogger Graeme, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home